- MUS 070 F - Musical Theatre Techniques (2 Units)
- Pass/No Pass only.
- 36 hours lecture per term. Students will participate in an in-depth analysisand application of the skills necessary for the performance in the styles ofMusical Theatre, from audition to performance.
- THEA 105 F - Musical Theatre History (3 Units)
- 54 hours lecture per term. This course explores the uniquely American art
form that is Musical Theatre. From its early development in the colonial
period to the present time, emphasis will be placed on the chronological
examination of various musical theatre productions. Students will learn
how the composers, librettists, lyricists, choreographers, directors and
designers contributed to the formation and the popularity of musical
theatre, as it exists today. (CSU) (UC) (Degree Credit) AA GE, CSU GE,
- THEA 125 F - Musical Theatre Techniques (2 Units)
- Corequisite: THEA 186 F with a grade of “C” or better.
- 18 hours lecture and 54 hours lab per term. This course explores the
development of the fundamentals of acting, singing and movement
for musical theatre through exercises, auditions, solo and group performances.
Enrollment is by audition or interview only. (CSU) (UC) (Degree
- THEA 138 F - Musical Theatre Workshop (2 Units)
- Prerequisite: THEA 125 F with a grade of “C” or better.
Corequisite: THEA 187 F with a grade of “C” or better.
Advisory: An audition or interview will be conducted for enrollment
- 18 hours lecture and 54 hours lab per term. This course further develops
and explores beginning musical theatre skills. Students will utilize exercise,
audition and choreography techniques as well as solo and group performances
in order to become more proficient as musical theatre artists.
(CSU) (Degree Credit) AA GE
Please reference the official College Catalog before enrolling in any courses.