- MUS 021 F - The Teaching of Piano I (3 Units)
- Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass option.Prerequisite: Piano audition.
- 54 hours lecture and 18 hours lab per term. This course is designed todevelop skills on methods of teaching beginning and elementary pianostudents. The emphasis is on comparison of piano books available today;communication skills; networking; and business aspects of maintaining aprivate piano lab. This course is not for beginning pianists.
- MUS 022 F - The Teaching of Piano II (3 Units)
- Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass option.
- 54 hours lecture and 18 hours lab per term. This course is an overviewof performance practices and musical styles of each musical period.Students will learn pedagogical methods for teaching intermediate toearly advanced level piano students through a hands-on study of repertoire,theory and technique from a teaching standpoint. Class participationincludes peer teaching, piano competition, and teaching demonstrations.Beginning pianists may not take this course.
Please reference the official College Catalog before enrolling in any courses.